(Mis)fortune by Melissa Haag

(Mis)fortune  - Melissa Haag

ARC review

(Mis)fortune begins when Michelle gets her chance to escape the "prison" she and her two little brothers have been in for the past four years. Her mother is gone, and her step-father just died. Now, on her own and running from the man who has kept her prisoner, she's unsure what to do or where to go. But then a strange man saves her and her brothers and offers her a save place to live.. But can it be true? Or is this man also hiding some things that could come back to haunt her.

I really enjoyed this book! I liked the plot line, and I liked the characters. I however, didn't like it as much as the first book though! I did like Michelle for the most part. I felt she was very brave, and strong for her brothers. At times though she got a little bit frustrating, especially when it came to Emmitt!
Emmitt on the other hand was awesome. I loved his character the most. And the other's of his family as well. They were all very interesting, and fun! I do look forward to reading the next book, and I did like this one, I just felt it was missing something and the heroine was annoying at times.