Keep Me Safe by Maya Banks

Keep Me Safe: A Slow Burn Novel - Maya Banks

Keep Me Safe begins when Caleb's sister ends up kidnapped. No one can find her, and they have no leads. So, desperate Caleb sets out to find a famous physic who seemed to vanish. When Ramie, the physic, refuses to help Caleb, he gets angry and forces her to help. He had no idea what it would do to Ramie, and once his sister is found he has to leave her to go be with his sister. But he's determined to come back and help Ramie. The problem is when he comes back she seems to have vanished again without a trace.

So, he spends a year looking for her with no luck what so ever. Until one night when he gets a phone call from her for help. She's running for her life.

Ramie is on the run, and has no friends or family to help her out. She remembers Caleb from a year ago, and decides that maybe he will help her since he owes her. He never expected how much he would actually help her, and how close they would become.

This book was not at all what I was thinking it would be. I really did like the story, and I liked the characters as well. I enjoyed the suspense in the book, and of course the writing was wonderful.

However, the things I didn't like..

1) I hated the insta-love. That really sort of drove me nuts. I never really felt a connection between Caleb and Ramie and that was a little frustrating.

2) I hated what happened towards the end that helped the killer out. That drove me nuts as well. I just wish that it hadn't happened to Caleb.

Other then those two things though, I really enjoyed the book. And I look forward to reading more in this series as well.