The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson

The Five Stages of Falling in Love - Rachel Higginson

The Five Stages of Falling in Love begin when Liz's husband dies from cancer. He's left her four children to raise by herself, along with the horrible pain of his loss. She loved her husband more than anything. He was the perfect match for her, and then he's just gone. This is the story of Liz going through the stages of grief, seeing not only her children but others also suffering the loss of the beautiful man she called husband. But when it all seems hopeless someone else comes along to show her that it isn't hopeless and life just may go on even through all the pain.

This book was not a happy story. Hell, I wouldn't even really consider it a romance type of story. It was filled with pain, grief, and heartache. I cried with in the first few chapters of the book, and I didn't stop there. Liz's pain was so beautifully written I felt I just suffered that loss right along with her. It was truly tragic. And I hope to God I never have to feel that kind of pain outside of reading this story.

Liz and Ben were very good together. I really loved their friendship. And I also really loved all four of Liz's children as well. Liz was kind of hard to like at times. She was in so much pain, it was difficult to even figure out her real personality. But I did like her, and I really loved the whole story line of this book.

It was a great way to tell such a sad story. And for being such a sad story, it even ended on a real happy note.

With all of this being said, I enjoyed the story, it was really really good. And I highly recommend it. Just not if your looking for something happy, because this is not happy, but it is beautiful.