Cursed by Fire (Blood & Magic #1) by Danielle Annett

Cursed by Fire (Blood & Magic #1) - Danielle Annett

Cursed by Fire begins when Ari finds a little boy murdered. All evidence points to Vampires, but nothing is exactly what it seems. When a stranger comes to town and starts following her, things begin to get a little crazy for Ari. She must find out who is hurting the shifters before a war starts, or it all may be too late for everyone.

The book starts out pretty good. It does remind me a whole lot of the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. But in a way, that was kind of cool. I really liked the book. I thought it was pretty good! I loved Ari's personality, and the fact that she wasn't afraid to fight for what she believed in. I also thought her powers were pretty kickass too!

The only downside to the book was towards the end it felt a bit rushed. And I really kind of hated the fact that I have no idea who her love interest will be. I really wanted it to be the Alpha of all the shifters, but the end sort of made me think that may not happen. BUT now I can not wait for the next book. I really hope it comes out soon, because it will suck to have to wait for it. :)

This was an awesome start to this series. It opened up an whole new Urban Fantasy world, with awesome characters, and kick butt story! Looking forward to more!