Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures, Volume 1 - Laurell K. Hamilton, Stacie Ritchie, Jessica Ruffner, Brett Booth

Guilty Pleasures begins when Anita Blake is forced to work for some vampires, not just any vampires, but the strongest in the city. She can't stand that she has to do this, but there is no other choice. Now, she must find out who is murdering the vampires (and it's not her) before it is too late for everyone. However, Anita's views on vamps seem to be changing the longer she has to deal with them. Well, sort of. But with the people she can consider allies she does her best to find the killer.

This book was good. But I was expecting something different. I really did like it though. But at times I wish there had been a little bit more from Anita. I hope the story gets a little better when it comes to that, and I also hope she has a love interest. Other wise I really loved the whole plot, and the vampire world the author created. But the best part was Anita herself. That woman was kick ass during this whole book! She totally rocked. Now, I'm looking forward to reading more in the series.