Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton

Circus of the Damned - Laurell K. Hamilton

In the third book of the Anita Blake series, Anita must deal with the Jean-Claude's games, more shapeshifters, and a horrible killer. Life is just never easy, is it? While dealing with Jean-Claude's propositions, she ends up meeting Richard. He seems nice, and normal. Something she seriously wants in her life. But sometimes things aren't always what they appear to be. Anita must figure all of this out while also trying to help the police as well.

This book was really good. I really loved seeing all of the different interactions with the vampires. I really hated however, that Anita seemed to really like this Richard guy. I thought he was a freaking coward, and I really hated him. I've also learned a very very important type while reading this book. DO NOT EAT ANYTHING WHILE READING! (Well, you can if you're brave, but I am not!) Seriously, it is a very bad idea. I ending up eating something while reading (because the book was so good, duh) but I read a really gruesome part and that didn't seem to sit well with my stomach. So, other then that I really enjoyed this one. And I look forward to reading more in this captivating series!