Soulless by Gail Carriger

Soulless - Gail Carriger

Pick It For Me Challenge

Soulless begins when Alexia, who is a prenatural, ends up killing a vampire. Most vampires know exactly what she is and not to mess with her. But this one wouldn't let up no matter what, so she had to take matters into her own hands.

This opens up a whole new world of problems for Alexia, and one of them being bringing in the werewolf Lord Maccon who she can't stand, but also can't help be attracted to.

These two must work together in order to figure out what's going on with the missing vampires, and werewolves. However, it's possible that these two feel a lot more for each other than they let on, and as family, friends, and near death experiences get in the way these two will fight to the end to get their happily ever after.

This was a brilliant new refreshing take on historical, and vampires! I adored this book.
It had the unique blend of paranormal along with a hilarious heroine and a alpha male hero.
The heroine had me laughing out loud several times, and the whole plot line filled with mystery, a dash of romance, also had me devouring the book all in one sitting.

This was a great start to this series, and I look forward to more now.