Meet Samantha: An American Girl by Susan S. Adler

Meet Samantha: An American Girl - Susan S. Adler, Nancy Niles, Renée Graef

Meet Samantha is about a young girl living in 1904 with her Grandmary. She is being taught the "proper" way a lady should act, and while she doesn't exactly know if she agrees she must do as she's told. But, she finds a friend in the girl who comes to work next door, but this also opens up Samantha to a few things she never knew of before. She's learning a few things about the world outside of her house, and it doesn't look too pretty.

Now, I can't wait to read more in this series.

old. But, she finds a friend in the girl who comes to work next door, but this also opens up Samantha to a few things she never knew of before. She's learning a few things about the world outside of her house, and it doesn't look too pretty. I loved this book when I was a kid, and I love it now just the same. This collection of stories is so good that you can't help but be sucked into each girls story and their life. I loved how Samantha wanted to learn and wasn't afraid to help her friend when she was in need. She was a sweet little girl with a very big heart. Sometimes now days it doesn't really seem like these type of children exist any longer. Now, I can't wait to read more in this series.