Whiskey, Vamps, and Thieves (Southern Vampire Detective Book 1) by Selene Charles

Whiskey, Vamps, and Thieves (Southern Vampire Detective Book 1) - Selene Charles

Scarlett is a vampire detective living with a pack of werewolves. She's always secretly been in love with her "brother" who doesn't seem to notice her in that way, and she's always been grudgingly accepted among the pack. But, when things start to get crazy in the human world and people start dying she's going to help out and see what's going on. However, her old flame has come back, and her brother is acting strange and out of sorts. Then you add in the crazy alpha, and you have a world of problems. She must find the killer before it all falls apart.

This book started off really interesting, and good. But, then I felt like it shifted some and I didn't like the direction in it went in. I liked the main character, but I hated her back and forth on her feelings, and I hated how a lot of stuff wasn't explained, and the end just frustrated me. But, I know this is a series and more answers will come, I just don't think I want to read more.

It was a nice story to pass the time with, but I don't see myself getting more into the series than that.