Precursor (The Suoja Guild #1) by A.J. Anders

Precursor (Suoja Guild) (Volume 1) - AJ Anders

Evie lives in a compound with several other people and her father. She has to endure monthly beatings that her father ordered because she doesn't agree with the training methods being used, all the while hiding it from her best friend, Max, who also has his share of secrets she must hide.

As Evie tries to manage her life things get more complicated as she meets Max's friends, and as her father plots behind her back. With some new threats coming out of hiding things get out of hand for Evie, and something awful happens.

This book ends on a major cliffhanger in my opinion! It was beyond frustrating because I didn't have the next book.

But, besides that, I thought the book was actually very good, if a little too short. I enjoyed Evie, and how she handled everything. And I liked the side characters as well. Even though I wish things had been elaborated a bit more between even and her friends, and I was a little bit annoyed with the whole "human forbidden" thing that doesn't make much sense to me.

However, I really thought the book was enjoyable, and I liked! Now, I can't wait to read the next book!