Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Half-Blood - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Half-Blood is the start to a very unique paranormal series. It is about Alex coming back to the Covenant. Her mother took her away three years ago at the age of fourteen. Alex never knew why, but have tragic circumstances she is forced to go back and either face a life of servitude or become a Sentinal.

There are a lot of rules for half-bloods, and Pures. Like Half-Bloods only get to have a life of servitude or they can become a Guard or Sentinal. They do not get to have families or anything else. And Pures act like they are better than the Half-Bloods. And relationships between the two are extremely prohibited even though there is some talk about this law going away.

I was kind of excited to hear about some of the laws changing, I really hated how they treat all of the Half-Bloods. It was seriously awful. I felt so bad for them. I really hope that law is changed, or at least more talk about it in the next book.

Alex was an extremely brave, foolish, bad mamma jamma. I loved her. I loved her fight, her spirit, and how she was snarky. And she may also have some feelings for the forbidden Aiden.
Then there is all of the stuff that happens with her mom, and it just makes her a much better person.

Alright I'm babbling. I will just let you read it to figure out more. But I highly recommend this book, and I can not wait to read more. I loved the Lux series by this author, and this book did not disappoint.