The Stillburrow Crush by Linda Kage

The Stillburrow Crush - Linda Kage

The Stillburrow Crush is a cute young adult story about a girl falling for the "popular" guy. The live in this small town called Stillburrow where everyone is always in everyone's business, and gossip spreads like wildfire. Carrie feels like people look down on her because her mother got pregnant when she was a senior in high school, and her father is the town mechanic. She and most of the other teenagers in school seem to be quite prejudice when it comes to things like money, and getting pregnant and married at a young age. This story shows you how dumb it is for people to have this kind of mind set, and it can be really hurtful to others. I enjoyed reading this book for the most part, but it wasn't a good, or great book. It was only okay. Also there is some romance between Luke, and Carrie that was very enjoyable to read about. Carrie is a good character, she's different than a lot of character's I've read about, she is just brutally honest even if it could hurt someone's feelings. It makes her a very strong character, and she was the main reason I enjoyed this story. I rate it a 3 out of 5 stars!