The Duff by Kody Keplinger

The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend - Kody Keplinger

The Duff, is the designated ugly fat friend in the group of friends. Well according to Wesley, the high school's man whore, that's what "the duff" is. He continues to call Bianca this as they keep meeting in school, and out side of school.

Bianca is a seventeen year old high school student dealing with a lot in her life. She's the type of person who doesn't take any ones crap, and she will put you in your place in a snap. But deep inside Bianca is just a scared insecure girl like everyone else in high school. The difference is Bianca is trying to figure out how to stop running from her problems, well sort of.

She finds out her parents are getting a divorce, and to top it all off her ex boyfriend is back in town with his fiance. She doesn't want to have to deal with all of this drama so she starts a no strings attached relationship with Wesley. Bianca feels it will be safe. He makes her forget everything else for a while. She seems to just shut off everything else when she's around him. But in doing so she's avoiding her friends, and her family.

This book is awesome. I loved it, and I HIGHLY recommend it. You get to feel what its like for a high school student who isn't superficial. She's real. And she's not like everyone else, but then again she is. I truly adore this book, and I can not wait to read more from this author.