Blood Shadows (Blackthorn, #1) by Lindsay J. Pryor

Blood Shadows - Lindsay J. Pryor

Blood Shadows begins with Caitlin doing her job trying to capture the famous dangerous master vampire Kane. The problem is he is playing a game with Caitlin, but Caitlin knows it so now she's going to do everything in her power to get what she really wants from him. Vengeance. But Kane is also looking for his own vengeance and in order to do that he must take Caitlin's soul, but also her heart. These two are so much a like and so different, that they have to figure out how to get what they want in order to survive this.

So let me just say I loved both the main characters. I thought they were both awesome, and I also loved the story. But I just wish that few things had been done to make the story better. I really felt all of the emotions both of these two went through, and that made the book so much better. However, Caitlin supposedly had these really awesome gifts but she didn't really ever use them... So I sort of felt like that was kind of dumb in this book. It may come into effect later, but in this one we didn't really get to see her be all that much of a badass. Well not really physically or with her powers anyways. And then the ending wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I was sort of hoping for a little bit more. But alas it didn't go that way. I still enjoyed the book, and I thought it was over all good.