Born In Vengeance by Camelia Miron Skiba

BORN IN VENGEANCE  - Camelia Miron Skiba

ARC

When I started this book I really had no idea what to expect. It is a novella that is about Ilias the bastard son of king Decebalus. He is out for revenge agents Rome for destroying his family, and kingdom. He ends up kidnapping the Roman king's daughter, but things get a little bit crazy once they have her traveling with him. You get to see Ilias realize that maybe he's not doing the right thing, and he starts to have feelings for the king's daughter Nerva. I enjoyed this short story a lot. It was very different reading about Rome, and fighting for revenge. I also liked the ending a great deal. I love how Nerva wasn't afraid to stand up for herself, and to fight for what she wanted, Ilias. And I like how you get to see Ilias deciding what should be the right course of action even though some of his closest friends do not agree with him. I will be reading the next book in this series because I am intrigued by this series so far. But it isn't something I would call good yet, it just in the margin of okay. Hopefully it gets better, so I will continue reading this series to find out.