Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid

Neanderthal Seeks Human: A Smart Romance  - Penny Reid

Neanderthal Seeks Human begins when Janie has the worst day ever.. She loses her boyfriend, job, and is now homeless. She's not really sure what to do or where to go next, and to top it all of the hot guy security guard she's been watching escorts her from the building after she's fired from her job. To Janie its is truly the worst day ever. And Janie isn't the normal type of girl nope not at all. She's very aloof, and extremely smart. Now she has to figure out what to do, and her hottie security guard helps her out by getting her a job with an awesome company. Now she and Quinn seem to be forming some sort of relationship, albeit really slowly...

Janie is like no other heroine I've ever read about. She is truly amazing, and funny as all get out. I think she is a mix between Bones (from the t.v. show Bones) and a female version of Sheldon (from the Big Bang Theory) Then you have the man she's lusting over, Quinn who is a total alpha male manwhore, who has no idea who to "date." But he knows there is something pulling him to Janie, even if she doesn't see it. These two have a slow go at their relationship but they eventually find it. This book at me wondering what the heck was going on at times, then had me rolling on the floor laughing. The characters were awesome, and the plot line was amazing. The only thing that bugged me was it felt like it had a really slow start but other than that I really really liked this book, and I thought it was very good.