Beautifully Damaged by L.A. Fiore

Beautifully Damaged - L.A. Fiore

I thought this book was okay. It had a lot of potential but I got a little frustrated with a few things in it.

Like for instance, I didn't like how Trace, and Ember both kept leaving each other, It got on my nerves, and I felt the author basically just kept repeating the same thing over and over again.

Also I didn't like how fast Trace and Ember got together, I would have liked a little more information about how they actually got to know each other before they all of sudden were in love.

Otherwise I thought this book was okay. It wasn't bad, but not great either.

I did enjoy the plot line, and all of the twists and turns that happen after about 50% of the book. I would never have suspected any of that at all, I was thrown for a loop when I read that, and it got very exciting at that point because I had no idea what was going to happen next.

I did enjoy Ember's character a lot. She is the sweet, shy, but brave women all at the same time. She can be very shy, but when she lets herself get over that she is super brave, and exciting. She wasn't afraid to lay her heart on the line when it came to Trace, and she constantly was fighting for him, and for their relationship. It was very admirable. I very much liked her, and I thought she was so sweet and courageous. She also didn't let others push her around either. She wasn't afraid to stand up to them when she could have been hurt, even though sometimes she had to have a rescue from Trace, she still put up a major fight.

Trace was pretty cool. He had demons, but he actually acknowledged them, he didn't just ignore that he had them and then blow of Ember. He did acknowledge them, but he also stated straight out that he didn't want to talk about them, and he wasn't ever going to talk about them with Ember. So I guess when things finally changed in their relationship, I admired that he was brave enough to trust someone again after everything he had been through. And he still stayed strong after all of that stuff, and took care of his sister. He is a really good man, and the perfect match for Ember. They are perfect for each other.

The end was very sweet, and I thoroughly  enjoyed the epilogue. I was so glad we got to see what happened with Ember and Trace both getting their dreams come true. This book was okay, it's not something I intend to read over and over again, but for just something to spend my time when I have nothing else to do it was a nice read.