The Wild Side by R.K. Lilley

The Wild Side - R.K. Lilley

The Wild Side begins when Alasdair Masters meets young Iris at the gym he goes to. He's been seeing her there for a while now but never spoken to her before, until one day she comes up to him out of the blue to talk to him. Alasdair is recently turned forty and just divorced a year ago after twenty years being married. He isn't exactly sure what to do with himself, or his life now. And when he meets Iris he immediately thinks she is way too young for him, but he can't but be attracted to her. And Iris is a bit of mystery not only to Alasdair but to the reader as well... And now we just have to wait and see how Alasdair will handle his young Iris..

This was a very short story that seemed to end rather abruptly. It had a whole lot of physical substance in the book but very little emotional aspects. However, I find myself oddly intrigued to figure out what is going to happen in the next book. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we know pretty much nothing about Iris, and I want to know more. I hate how I can't seem to figure her out, and apparently neither can the hero of the story. But I will be reading the next one once it comes out to figure out what is going on.